Coconut Chutney is popular south Indian Cuisine recipe. Coconut Chutney is perfect dip or side dish which makes great accompaniment with any south Indian snack or south Indian meal like Idli, Dosa, Uttapam, etc. It is served in breakfast and at lunch and dinner times as well.
It is made from name itself coconut, chana dal, and very little oil. It is very easy to make at home. There are so many variations in south Indian Coconut chutney. Here is hotel style coconut chutney for Idli, Dosa, Uttapam.
Learn how to make quick and easy hotel style South Indian Coconut Chutney recipe. Here is step by step process of hotel style South Indian Coconut Chutney recipe.
|South Indian Coconut Chutney|
Coconut – 1 small grated
Chana dal (split Bengal gram) – 2 tbs
Green chili – 3 – 4 chopped
Oil – 2 tbs
Mustard seeds – ½ ts
Curry leaves – 8 – 10
Salt – to taste
Yoghurt – 2 tbs (optional)
Water – as required
1. Heat 1 tbs oil in pan.
2. Add chana dal and saute.
3. Add green chili and saute till chana dal change color.
4. Add ½ glass of water and soak for 2 hours.
5. Add coconut.
6. Add salt and grind well
7. If you cannot grind well, add water as require to chutney (you can also use above soaked water;first add 50-100 ml water and grind, again add 50-100 ml if required.)
8. Grind till smooth texture. (At this stage you can add yoghurt, if you want and grind well.)
9. Heat 1 tbs oil in a pan.
10. Add mustard seed, when it sputtering, add curry leaves, add this tempering into chutney.
11. Delicious COCONUT CHUTNEY is ready to serve.
You can serve this coconut chutney with Idli, Vada, Dosa, Uttapam etc. It can be served cold as well.