Dosa is a traditional south Indian cuisine recipe. It is a flat thin crispy crepe eaten as a breakfast or meal in south India. Now days, it is very popular in all over India and abroad to.
It is made from rice and split black lentils. There are so many dosa varieties are available like plain dosa, masala dosa, rawa dosa, paper dosa, mysore masala dosa etc. This is a plain dosa recipe. You can also use Idli batter to make dosa. While doing this, just add little water to make dosa thin. No need to give more time to ferment to dosa batter. Dosa is always served with Coconut Chutney and Sambar.
Learn how to make easy and crispy Indian Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter Recipe at home. Here is easy step by step process of Dosa Recipe and Dosa Batter Recipe.
Rice – 3 cup
Urad dal(split black lentils) – 1 cup
Fenugreek seeds – ½ ts (optional)
Salt – to taste
Oil/butter – to sauté
Coconut Chutney – for serving
Sambar – for serving
1. Soak rice for 4-5 hours.
2. Mix urad dal and fenugreek seeds; soak for 4-5 hours.
3. Strain water from rice and urad dal.
4. Grind rice well; make thick paste. (add water little by little, if needed)
5. Grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds well; make thick paste. (Never grind rice and urad dal together.)
6. Mix both paste well.
7. Rest for 4-5 hours at warm place to ferment.
8. Add salt and stir well. Little water also can be added to make batter thin.
9. DOSA BATTER is ready to use. (You can use immediately or store in refrigerator as well.)
10. Heat non-stick flat pan (tawa) over high flame.
11. Sprinkle 1 ts water and ½ ts oil on a pan to make clean and non sticky. (You can also wipe with onion slice.)
12. Pour 1 ladle of batter in the middle of the flat pan.
13. Spread immediately in round shape with the help of back side of a ladle or a small flat bottom bowl; make a thin layer.
14. Spread oil or butter around it.
15. Cook till dosa becomes golden color in down side.
16. Turn it and cook other side for a few seconds.
17. Again flip and fold it from both edges and remove from pan.
18. Hot and crispy DOSA is ready to serve.
Flip dosa by edges with spatula. Sometimes dosa stick with pan and unable to turn it, use wet spatula to turn it easily.
|Plain Dosa with Coconut Chutney and Sambar|
You May Also Like:
|Broccoli Corn Salad In Papad Bowl|