Mango Kulfi is children’s and evens all aged person’s favorite Indian dessert. It is the best summer dessert. It is one type of version of ice-cream.
It is very easy to make at home as well. It is made from mango pulp, milk, and sugar. Some time condensed milk also can be added. But if you do not have condensed milk, not to worry, you can also make it without condensed milk.
To thicken the milk, mostly corn flour is used. But here custard powder is used, because custard powder is give very nice taste like ice-cream. You can also add chopped cashews and almonds. Cream is also very great ingredient. It makes mixture very smooth.
To learn how to make Creamy Mango Kulfi, see below step by step process of Creamy Mango Kulfi.
Mango Pulp – 1 cup
Milk – 500 ml
Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
Custard powder – 3 tbs
Cream – ½ cup
Chopped Cashews and Almonds - for garnishing
1. Mix well custard powder in ¼ cup milk.
2. Boil remaining milk in sauce pan till reduced to three-fourths.
3. Add above custard milk gradually to the boiling milk. Stir continuously.
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and take this mixture to the room temperature.
7. Blend this mixture well. Now condensed milk is ready.
8. Blend mango pulp and cream well and add to the above mixture.
9. Blend the whole mixture again together. (Here you can also add nuts like cashew, almonds, etc.)
10. Put some chopped nuts into the bottom of molds, fill above mixture in kulfi moulds put stick in center and keep covered.
11. Set in freezer for 6-8 hours.
12. MANGO KULFI is ready to serve.
To unmold kulfi, deep mold in water for 10 second and then try to unmold it, it will come out easily.