|Carrot Halwa - Gajar ka Halwa|
Carrot Halwa or Gajar ka Halwa is a very worldwide famous Indian dessert. It is a great combinations of milk, ghee, gajar(carrot), sugar and nuts. This is very quick and easy recipe of Gajar ka Halwa – Carrot Halwa.
Just sauté grated carrots in ghee, add milk and sugar, cook till milk absorb, add your favorite nuts. Its aroma is great while cooking. It is very healthy too. Here you can also use sugar substitutes like sugar free instead of sugar, which is also good for health, for diet and also for diabetic person.
It gives very yummy taste when it is hot. You can also store this in fridge for a week. When you want to serve it just micro for 30 seconds or can make warm by double boiler system.
Below is step by step recipe of Carrot Halwa – Gajar ka Halwa.
Carrots (Gajar)– 500 gms grated
Milk – 500 ml
Ghee (Clarified butter) – 3 tbs
Sugar – 5 – 6 tbs
Cardamom powder – 1 ts
Cashews – 1 ts
Almonds – 1 ts
Raisins – 1 ts
· Heat pan, add ghee.
· Add grated carrots and sauté.
· Now carrots leave some water. So sauté till that water absorb.
· Now add milk and sugar.
· If you want to use sugar substitutes avoid adding sugar.
· Stir continuously.
· Cook till milk absorb.
· Suggest to cook at low heat or low temperature.
· Now carrots are cooked perfectly.
· Now you can add sugar substitutes if sugar was not added.
· Stir continuously till carrot leaves pan or ghee becomes separated.
· Remove pan from the heat.
· Add cardamom powder, cashews, almonds, raisins.
· Mix well.
· Your yummy, healthy, delicious, easy to make CARROT HALWA – GAJAR KA HALWA is ready to eat.
Garnish with cashews, almonds, raisins. Serve Carrot Halwa – Gajar ka Halwa when it is hot.
|Carrot Halwa - Gajar ka Halwa Recipe|
You May Also Like:
Gujarati Puran Puri
|Sago Pearls Balls Cutlet|