|Croutons with Tomato Soup|
Croutons are very crispy cubes of bread. They are used to give flavor in soups, salads and some casseroles recipes. Once you know how to make them, you might never go to market to purchase. They are very quick and easy to make them at home as 1 2 3 - cut, season and bake. Cut the bread in pieces, spread butter or olive oil, season of your choice, bake or sauté. They can be made in oven and in a pan as well. You can store them also in airtight container. For croutons, you can use any type of bread but sandwich bread, whole wheat bread or sweet milk bread gives nice texture. You can also use leftover bread as well. One advantage of making croutons at home is you can add your choice of flavors to them. You can add Italian seasoning, Mexican seasoning, any herbs, garlic powder etc.
In India, mostly CROUTONS are served with Tomato Soup. See Tomato Soup recipe to know how to make it.
How to make Croutons in oven:
· First preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
· Spread butter or olive oil on bread.
· Cut bread in cube shape evenly as per your choice of size. If you don’t like bread edges, you can remove them.
· Add any seasoning which you like.
· Arrange in baking tray evenly.
· Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
· Your yummy and crispy CROUTONS are ready in oven.
How to make Croutons in Pan - without Oven:
· Cut the bread in cube shape.
· Heat butter in pan.
· Add any seasoning.
· Add bread cubes.
· Mix well. Stir occasionally.
· Sauté till cubes become crispy.
· Your pan fried CROUTONS are ready to serve.
Serve them with Hot Tomato Soup.
You May Also Like:
|Homemade Tea Powder|